We LOVE this dress at Curvy Girl Lingerie. For starters, it fits so many curvy bodies! It fits almost EVERYONE! At our plus size retail store in San Jose, we have seen it fit women who are 5’0 and a size 12 and we have seen it fit women who are 6′ tall and a size 26. (Buy fishnet dress here.)
The material is so soft and stretchy. If you have shorter arms, you can roll the sleeves up a little bit. (That is what I do when I wear this dress.) I think it looks hot with a super BRIGHT colored thong, too.
This dress works on our tall or shorter curvy girls. And it works on anyone from a size 12 to a size 26. It washes great. I hang it over my closet to let it dry. It does not need to go in the dryer. It dries super fast, because of the special material.
I am so honored to have written a blog for The Militant Baker and so grateful to Jes Baker for the opportunity. I wrote a blog for her about why I opened my store and why I feel like everyone deserves a safe place to shop for lingerie. (My store is a plus size lingerie store in San Jose, CA , by the way.)
Opening Curvy Girl Lingerie was basically a 25 year dream of mine. It’s been the most amazing and rewarding adventure! We have this super cool Curvy Girl community online and in person. I have made hundreds of new girlfriends and I have the most amazing support team that keeps me motivated and excited every day.
If you haven’t joined us, yet, our Facebook page is www.facebook.com/curvygirlinc and if you want to get our Curvy Girl newsletter, text us the word curvygirl to 22828 and you will get our newsletters. I send out about 1 to 4 a month!
Thank you, Jes, for sharing my passion and my store with the world!
Hi Curvies. So, as some of you know, I was at the Body Love Conference this past weekend in Tucson and I was so blessed to be asked to speak at the conference about one of my favorite topics! “Hot Sexy & The Curvy Girl” was my topic and I wanted to share with all of you the tips I shared with my audience there at the University of Arizona.
5 Tips for Loving Your Fat, Curvy, Plush, Thick Body (And loving your curvy self.)
There are the 5 things I told my audience at the Body Love Conference I wanted them to take away from my presentation:
1. Stop Faking It. In life and in the bedroom. Life is way too short for bad sex or shitty relationships. Communication is lubrication in your bedroom. Your lover cannot read your mind. (I do own a website called www.StopFakingItJustHaveOne.com because I feel strongly that every woman over the age of 18 should have a silver bullet!)
2. Do Not Settle! Here is a link to my article for the Huffington Post called “Do Not Settle, Curvy Girls“ Don’t be afraid to break up with friend or family that do not ALWAYS 100% of the time lift you up and make you feel like a million dollars. If you have a mean old Aunt Helen that always mentions your weight, ask her kindly to please mind her own business. If she can’t, then walk away from that toxic b.s. please. Do not settle for those horrible bottom feeders out there that prey on women with low self esteem. They are the worst of the worst and will never make you feel like a goddess.
3. Learn to silence the inner mean girl. When you hear her, address her and quiet her down. Do not be your own biggest bully. When you feel the negative self talk creeping into your brain, tell her what I do….. SILENCE! Focus on the stuff you love about yourself or your body and control the negative thoughts with some mediation or focusing on what is so beautiful about you. I mean, hey, you woke up this morning and that is pretty freaking awesome. You are what you think you are. We all know that to be true, right?
4. Find 3 or 4 features about your physical body that you love. (I know you have a million other fabulous features and are an amazing person, but in this case, force yourself to find 4 things you love about your body.) I started with “I love my eyes. I have adorable toes. My nipples are so cute and I have really nice lips.” If that sounds conceited – then good. Because I truly believe those are 4 great features on my body. I have come to love many other features on my physical person – but those are the 4 I started with about 16 years ago. I still like those 4 features and when I hear the mean girl bubble up, I remind myself of those 4 always. And I have found a few more things about my body I love. As always, I love that I am a good person and a good daughter and friend. But, in this case, I really want you to focus on 3 or 4 things you SUPER love about your body right this moment.
5. Maturbate more often to fall in love with the pleasure your fat, thick, thin, athletic, thick, plush, curvaceous body is capable of. Take my 21 day challenge and masturbate every day for the next 21 days. 21 day masturbation challenge It’s my theory that the more we understand how much pleasure our bodies can create, the more we can start to fall in love with our bodies and maybe even learn to forgive our bodies for whatever we think needs forgiving. Try it! Report back, please.
I hope that helps. That is what I presented, in a nutshell. The room was full and so much energy and excitement. It was such an amazing experience to see like 90-ish smiling faces laughing, blushing and smiling back at me last Saturday.
Big huge Curvy Girl love to Jes and her #blc team for creating something so amazing and so enlightening. So much connection and so much love. MUAH!
If you haven’t liked us on Facebook, you can find us at www.facebook.com/curvygirlinc and we have a ton of fun there. We talk about issues that have to do with body acceptance and we also share all of our plus size lingerie on that page. So come join the party.
Sincerely, Chrystal Bougon
Owner and Resident Curvy Girl at Curvy Girl Lingerie